02 January 2012

Whew! I'm back! With a New Jacket!

I made McCalls 5936 from a mohair wool tweed, purple and lilac from Emma One Sock circa 2008. Fit was great for me after adding tailors' shoulder pads and shortening the sleeves at the lines provided on the pattern. Unfortunately the proportions highlight my body's idiosyncrasies - I am short through the shoulder to bust and have short little legs with the lower totso of a 6 footer. With low rise jeans, I look like a freak unless I have 5" heels on! The fit on the back is amazing - like a sloper for me! I'm very pleased. I've got 40" of the purple tweed left. Can't get the darn photos up! Aaagh.

1 comment:

  1. Oooh, I have that pattern too so I would love to see what yours turned out like. Any chance you can still share some photos? Thanks for stopping by my blog btw, I think you and I have similar taste, and difficulties (I too find it way easier to buy... sigh!) so I'm curious to see what you make next. Loved your vintage blouse by the way (the wadder a few posts back) I hope you'll make it again, I think it is quite flattering.

    ReplyDelete