06 April 2014

The Christmas Gift that just keeps on giving!

My husband bought me one of the greatest Christmas gifts of all time - 8 boxes of vintage patterns from the provincial govt. surplus/asset recovery auction. I pledge to make a will in 2014, I do not want my stash auctioned off by the govt.

The patterns span late 1950s through 1980s, with a very heavy focus towards casual wear from the mid1960s to 1970s.  Awesome, definitely some timeless classics plus a box of WTF, labelled by the original owner as "Strange, Ugly or Old-Fashioned".

Jumpsuits from every decade!

One of my favourites is this dress:
Vogue 7786


Which I sewed up in a very nice leaf/olive green rpl crepe from Fabricland in Abbotsford.  The fabric is a bit heavy but I am on strict stash rations (5 out, 1 in) so I went for it.

After viewing the photos, I can see I should have altered for my sloping shoulders but other than that, the fit is good.

I did lengthen by about 2"!!!! I'm 5'3", not good at short skirts.

I'm not quite sure why I spent so much time sewing a covered up dress which, due to my keyhole shy-ness issues, is not work appropriate.

My husband commented, "You could wear it if  you worked at Star Fleet!" hahhaha
End of My Rope while having Photo Taken - Vogue 7786

Only worn it once so far, out for dinner.  Comfy!

I lined/underlined the body with a crazy aqua, olive and chartreuse charmeuse print.  For the sleeves and hem tape, used bias chartreuse Radiance (silk-cotton blend).

No comments:

Post a Comment