28 August 2012
02 January 2012
25 October 2009
*Butterick 5388, $4
04 October 2009
- black poly jersey (Vera Lavender, $6 per yard, 3 yards) Good basic. STASH.
- blue/black/brown/white silk jersey (Maggy something, $10 per yard, 3.5 yards) SO SO SO NICE! Will become DVF wrap dress or maybe the new Vogue 8379. SEW IMMEDIATELY.
- white and black cotton print (Vera Lavender, $8 per yard, 3 yards) I don't like this - I messed up on interpreting the scale and hand - it is very home-decish. DEEP STASH!
- crazy scribble stretch cotton print (Vera Lavender, $8 per yard, 2.5 yards) Nicer than it looked! But a bit too wild. The original use by Vera was a pair of horrible "city shorts". Barf. I think I will make a 60's shift dress or a blazer style jacket. SEW 3-6 months.
The pics are from http://www.fabricmartfabrics.com/xcart/home.php.
23 September 2009
1. Decide on length of belt and add a few inches allowance per ring and the buckle.
2. Cut strips of snake the same width as the belting.
3. Apply contact cement to the belting and the snake strip, as per glue directions. Stick them together when waiting period is over. Trim snake as close to belting as possible.***here is where you would apply edge dressing if required****
7. Cut skinny strip for keeper, slide in loop left behind buckle. Glue ends. When dry, rotate the ends to the back side of the belt.
20 September 2009
I cut the back on the fold and increased the neck hole a bit. Good idea.
Instead of back stitching on the shoulder pleats, I changed my stitch length to 1.0 at the ends.
When I pulled top over my head, I seriously stressed the fine poly fabric at the ends of each pleat. Yuck. Plus this fabric is really clingy.
The colour is the b0mb, though. It looks good on that fat lady with the big rack who looks like me.